Thoughts on politics and life from a liberal perspective

Sunday 23 September 2012

Lib Dem Blog of the Year!

I was very surprised and honoured to win the Lib Dem Blog of the Year award at the BOTYs held here in Brighton last night. I have only been blogging on and off in the last year for family reasons that regular readers will know about but I have dipped in and out with my thoughts/rants as and when I have felt that I have something to say. It means a lot to me that people have nominated this blog and I would also like to thank the judges.

The other shortlisted blogs in this category were Caron’s Musings by Caron Lindsay, The Ramblings of Neil Monnery by Neil Monnery and A View from Ham Common by Richard Morris, all of which I regularly read and and enjoy and any of whom would have been worthy winners.

Congratulations also to the winners in the other categories:


Best new Liberal Democrat blog (started since 1st September 2011)
The Libertine, edited by Morgan Griffith-David

Best blog from a Liberal Democrat holding public office (The Tim Garden Award)
A Lanson Boy by Cllr Alex Folkes (Launceston Central)

The Andrew Reeves award for Best use of social media/e-campaigning by a Liberal Democrat
Bears for Belarus by Liberal Youth

Best non-Liberal Democrat politics blog
Everyday Sexism


My prize is a 25 minute one on one interview with Nick Clegg tomorrow. Hopefully I can think of some insightful questions to ask him. Feel free to make suggestions!

No comments: