Here are my predictions for the coming year:
- HMV will go bust.
- A currently living former Chancellor of the Exchequer will no longer be with us by the end of the year.
- Barack Obama will win reelection with an even higher percentage of the vote than in 2008.
- Chris Huhne will leave the cabinet.
- David Laws will rejoin the cabinet.
- Kate from off of Teh Roayls will announce she is pregnant. The media will go loopy at the prospect.
- Mo Farah will win Gold at the Olympics.
- Pointless will be promoted to prime time TV (i.e. after 7pm) with increased prizes to match.
- By the end of the year Yvette Cooper will be leader of the Labour Party.
- In a shock move I predict that Eddie Mair will become the new host of BBC Question Time. For the fourth year running.
Merry New Holidays people!