Thoughts on politics and life from a liberal perspective

Monday 19 January 2009

Shadow Cabinet Reshuffle

I have just seen the full list for the Shadow Cabinet reshuffle on LibDem Voice.

Here they are along with my thoughts:

The Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke QC MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform

See here for my thoughts on this


Mark Francois MP
Shadow Minister for Europe

Who?


Alan Duncan MP
Shadow Leader of the House of Commons

I am not convinced he would make a good Leader of the House. He always seems too smug and self-satisfied to me.


Chris Grayling MP
Shadow Home Secretary

Grayling is a very effective and hard-working parliamentarian. However I think Cameron has missed a trick here. He should have taken the plunge and brought DD back into this role (even though I predicted here that he would not be).


The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Justice

This is a better position for him. I bit less high profile than his previous role and also as a QC he is very well qualified.


Nick Herbert MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Not sure about this one.


The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and Shadow Minister for Women

So it's May vs Purnell and May vs Harman. I am looking forward to the second one. But which one is better? There's only one way to find out.


Eric Pickles MP
Chairman of the Conservative Party

Natural choice for this. Seasoned campaginer and very popular with the grass roots.


Caroline Spelman MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

Hmm. Not too sure about this one.

No comments: